Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by dushyant agarwal <ag...@yahoo.co.in> on 2008/04/16 07:14:01 UTC

[TRINIDAD]Problem in using select Many Shuttle

Hi,
I am using JDev 11g TP3,JBoss 4.2.1, Trinidad 1.2.4.

Suppose we have a select Many Shuttle. It is rendering properly. The content is getting shifted from the leading to trailing list properly. However the trailingFooter & leadingFooter facet does not work i.e. on placing a commandButton inside the facet it is not visible on the view neither has it got rendered( i have checked the source of the html page).

The source code on the page is as follows:
<f:view>
id="sel1"
binding="#{backing_Page1.sel1}" >
<f:facet name="leadingFooter">
</f:facet>
<f:selectItems value="#{backing_Page1.allItems}">

</f:view>

The problem is that the commandButton is not getting rendered.
As well as if I put the commandButton outside the tr:selectManyShuttle (in the tr:form) then I get a runtime exception on clicking on it. On replacing tr:form with h:form the button acts properly.

1.What might have been the problem?? Do I need to set any attribute on the jsp to enable the facets??

2.Is it necessary to list all the facets on the jsp and put components in only those where it is necessary & leave the rest of the facets empty??

3.Is it necessary to use Shuttle proxy in the filter facet before putting components in leading / Trailing footer facets??

4.How is it possible to change the commandLinks Move/Move all & Remove/RemoveAll that are rendered by default by the component. As well as the top/bottom up/down links in select Order Shuttle??

Dushyant Agarwal

---------------------------------
 From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.  Click here.

Re: [TRINIDAD]Problem in using select Many Shuttle

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 7:14 AM, dushyant agarwal
<ag...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using JDev 11g TP3,JBoss 4.2.1, Trinidad 1.2.4.
>
> Suppose we have a select Many Shuttle. It is rendering properly. The content
> is getting shifted from the leading to trailing list properly. However the
> trailingFooter & leadingFooter facet does not work i.e. on placing a
> commandButton inside the facet it is not visible on the view neither has it
> got rendered( i have checked the source of the html page).
>
> The source code on the page is as follows:
> <f:view>
> id="sel1"
> binding="#{backing_Page1.sel1}" >
> <f:facet name="leadingFooter">
> </f:facet>
> <f:selectItems value="#{backing_Page1.allItems}">

> </f:view>
>
> The problem is that the commandButton is not getting rendered.
> As well as if I put the commandButton outside the tr:selectManyShuttle (in
> the tr:form) then I get a runtime exception on clicking on it. On replacing
> tr:form with h:form the button acts properly.
>
> 1.What might have been the problem?? Do I need to set any attribute on the
> jsp to enable the facets??

you need both facets (leading and trailing)

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff: