Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Xandy S.A" <xa...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/21 10:16:37 UTC

Report a problem with a file it does not want to open

*Hello Team OpenOffice Writer!*

I decided to write this document below because I thought it was better to
understand. Everything is explained in it and I ask you to read with great
attention.

As I typed in it, the document that does not want to open is something
related to my work and has to do with new projects to be completed in 2017.
That is, if I do not have this document back, or the project *will not work*
 or *I will lose my job*. Sorry to be so emotional this way, but it is the
truth and I think I need to show it.

Well, I hope you solve my problem. I will do anything to get my document
back.

Best regards,

Xandy

Re: Report a problem with a file it does not want to open

Posted by Andreas Krokene <an...@gmail.com>.
Greetings Xandy,

conjunto de caracteres    =    Character set

fontes de padrão             =    Standard fonts

idioma                            =    language

I think you may have changed the conjunto de caracteres (Character set).

Try changing this to

Europa ocidental (DOS/OS2-43…) as above.

I think this will repair the document.

To help in translation, I used

http://translate.google.com

I hope this helps.

Andy.

Saudações Xandy,

Eu acho que você pode ter mudado o conjunto de caracteres.

Tente mudar isso para

Europa ocidental (DOS / OS2-43 ...) como acima.

Acho que isso irá reparar o documento.

Para ajudar na tradução, eu usei

http://translate.google.com

Eu espero que isso ajude.

Andy.

--
Have a great day,

Andreas Krokene.

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Xandy S.A <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *Hello Team OpenOffice Writer!*
>
> I decided to write this document below because I thought it was better to
> understand. Everything is explained in it and I ask you to read with great
> attention.
>
> As I typed in it, the document that does not want to open is something
> related to my work and has to do with new projects to be completed in 2017.
> That is, if I do not have this document back, or the project *will not
> work* or *I will lose my job*. Sorry to be so emotional this way, but it
> is the truth and I think I need to show it.
>
> Well, I hope you solve my problem. I will do anything to get my document
> back.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Xandy

Have a great day,

Andreas Krokene.

Re: Report a problem with a file it does not want to open

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 08:16:37 -0200
"Xandy S.A" <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *Hello Team OpenOffice Writer!*
>
> I decided to write this document below because I thought it was better to
> understand. Everything is explained in it and I ask you to read with great
> attention.
>
> As I typed in it, the document that does not want to open is something
> related to my work and has to do with new projects to be completed in 2017.
> That is, if I do not have this document back, or the project *will not work*
>  or *I will lose my job*. Sorry to be so emotional this way, but it is the
> truth and I think I need to show it.
>
> Well, I hope you solve my problem. I will do anything to get my document
> back.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Xandy

When one gets the ASCII Filter message it means that OpenOffice cannot understand the file.  This in turn means that the file is damaged, possibly due to over-hasty powering off of the computer before all buffered files were written to disk, and experience shows that there is very little possibility of any significant content being recovered from the file.  If you have a backup copy, use that.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>