Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/16 09:07:05 UTC

Difference between ignite stream transformer and ignite stream visitor

What is difference between ignite stream transformer and ignite stream
visitor? As, we can update cache entry in both transformer and visitor and
also we can access incoming data stream in both stream visitor and stream
transformer. Also we can update some other cache in both visitor and
transformer, so what is main difference between them?

Re: Difference between ignite stream transformer and ignite stream visitor

Posted by Alexander Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
HI rishi007bansod,

The difference is that the main focus of StreamTransformer is updating data
in a stream cache based on its previous value without
a need to refer to the cache directly: you are just operating on a received
MutableEntry.
StreamVisitor, in turn,  is a more general-purpose tool for entries
manipulation. It won't update cache entry without explicit call to
cache.put().

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 12:07 PM, rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What is difference between ignite stream transformer and ignite stream
> visitor? As, we can update cache entry in both transformer and visitor and
> also we can access incoming data stream in both stream visitor and stream
> transformer. Also we can update some other cache in both visitor and
> transformer, so what is main difference between them?

Kind regards,
Alexander.