Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by EPC <ep...@rediffmail.com> on 2003/08/22 16:18:59 UTC

Need help for workers2.properties file

Hi,

I'm using mod_jk2 with Tomcat 5 (Alpha) & Apache 2, running
successfully.
But regarding the "workers2.properties" file I have few queries.
It would be great, if you can comment on them.

[shm]
file=${serverRoot}/logs/shm.file
size=1048576
Q : What exactly above line indicates ? What this *size* indicates
? What is a *shm* file ?

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
Q : Are there any other types of communication options available ?
Are the square brackets part of syntax ?

[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009
Q : Is it a right way to declare a *tomcat worker* ? Are any
additional options available ?

[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009
Q : Typically is it a correct way to put URI mappings ?

It would be a *great* help, if someone can put a sample
"workers2.properties" file contents with comments.

TIA & Regards,
-EPC
Art meets Army ; Swapna Weds Capt. Rajsekhar.
Rediff Matchmaker strikes another interesting match !!
Visit http://matchmaker.rediff.com?2