Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Rees <dr...@greenhydrant.com> on 2004/10/21 00:35:59 UTC

svn:keywords and Revision is ignored (bug Rev and LastChangedRevision work?)

Hi,

I'm using subversion 1.0.8 on Fedora Core 2 and have come across a unique
problem.

svn doesn't seem to recognize the Revision keyword, either in the files
I've checked or in the svn:keywords property.

Using either Rev or LastChangedRevision works as expected in either
location as synonyms, but if either setting Revision in svn:keywords or
using $Revision$ in  file results in no substituted text.

I first noticed this as I had coverted my CVS repo to SVN using cvs2svn
and it appropriately set svn:keywords, but when updating files in svn my
existing $Revision$ keywords were not updated.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: svn:keywords and Revision is ignored (bug Rev and LastChangedRevision work?)

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Oct 21, 2004, at 1:37 AM, David Rees wrote:

> Ben Collins-Sussman wrote, On 10/20/2004 8:56 PM:
>>  From the 1.1 entry in the CHANGES file:
>>  * new $Revision$ synonym for $Rev$ and $LastChangedRevision$
>> Perhaps you should use 1.1, and not 1.0.8.  :-)
>
> Well, that would explain it.  However, just so I don't look like a
> total idiot, the docs for 1.0 mention do mention $Revision$:
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook-1.0/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect
> -2.3.4

Whoops, that's a mistake, gotta fix that.  Thanks!

Re: svn:keywords and Revision is ignored (bug Rev and LastChangedRevision work?)

Posted by David Rees <dr...@greenhydrant.com>.
Ben Collins-Sussman wrote, On 10/20/2004 8:56 PM:

>  From the 1.1 entry in the CHANGES file:
>
>  * new $Revision$ synonym for $Rev$ and $LastChangedRevision$
>
> Perhaps you should use 1.1, and not 1.0.8.  :-)

Well, that would explain it.  However, just so I don't look like a total
idiot, the docs for 1.0 mention do mention $Revision$:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook-1.0/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.3.4

In the meantime, I'll look to upgrading to 1.1.

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Oct 20, 2004, at 7:35 PM, David Rees wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using subversion 1.0.8 on Fedora Core 2 and have come across a
> unique
> problem.
>
> svn doesn't seem to recognize the Revision keyword, either in the files
> I've checked or in the svn:keywords property.
>
> Using either Rev or LastChangedRevision works as expected in either
> location as synonyms, but if either setting Revision in svn:keywords or
> using $Revision$ in  file results in no substituted text.
>
> I first noticed this as I had coverted my CVS repo to SVN using cvs2svn
> and it appropriately set svn:keywords, but when updating files in svn
> my
> existing $Revision$ keywords were not updated.
>
> Any ideas?

 From the 1.1 entry in the CHANGES file: