Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by bobby rullo <br...@alexanderinteractive.com> on 2005/03/02 17:58:12 UTC

Spindle and FriendlyUrls

Hi there,

I'm using Tapestry 3.0 with the famous FriendlyUrl patches which works great,
and I'm also using Spindle which works great too....except for the fact that it
doesn't like page names like "sysadmin/MyPage", which is a valid page when using
FriendlyUrls.

Not really a big deal, it's just annoying to see all these errors that are not
errors in Eclipse. Does anyone have any ways around this? A Spindle patch
perhaps?  Do any of the Spindle 3.1 versions support it?

Thanks all,

Bobby

Re: url dependent friendly urls

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Sarah,

I feel like I'm speaking to an empty room here, but I'll say once again
that servlet filters are where you want to be with all the custom URL
stuff you're asking for.  Putting the domain name (virtual hosting
kinda stuff) into the .application is not appropriate in my opinion and
is best handled above Tapestry.

	Erik

Posted by sa...@women-at-work.org.

Re: Spindle and FriendlyUrls

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
A while back I posted an extension to RedirectException that simplifies
redirecting to urls generated via the PageService and ExternalService.
It's been my intention to make sure that this (or something similar) is
put in place for 3.1.

Paul

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Sarah,