Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Alexander Karagiannis <ka...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/02 17:48:50 UTC

RE: Re: Migration of cloudstack management server

Yes they have the same ip and the same mysql version.
Do you know if there is any guide of how to transfer management server to another machine?
Thanks

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Having the same IP for both old/new mgmt server will cause you issues -
don't do that.

Simply, introduce a 2nd mgmt server (don't touch the DB), make sure it
works, then stop/kill old mgmt.

Later, migrate DB to a new Mysql server (could be on that new mgmt2 server)
- and update the db.properties to point to new DB server IP (for both cloud
and cloud_usage DBs)

Do it in steps, if you have not done it before all at once.

If you hit issues on ONE of those specific steps, let us know, so that we
can help.
(and please share your procedure)

Best,

Re: Re: Migration of cloudstack management server

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The migration is quite simple. backup DB and cloudstack configurations,
install new management server, setup mgt server, restore DB and
configurations.
it would be good to share our commands and error logs.

-Wei