Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ruiyuan Jiang <RJ...@fnpc.com> on 2012/05/15 00:58:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache does not release semaphore after shutdown

Hi,

I have two Apache reverse proxy servers (v2.2.22, Redhat RHEL v6.2, X86_64) running on the same system for different purposes (I have no choice). When I shutdown the smaller (less resources such as maximum users, etc.) Apache reverse proxy server on the host and tried to start it last week, I got a message stating that it can't get lock and could not start. We then increased semaphore to 512 from 256. The default on Redhat is 128. We have increased it before. Earlier today after I shutdown and started the smaller Apache, it happened again that Apache could not get lock. I then increased the semaphore again from 512 to 1024. I got a chance to shutdown both Apache instance later today and the semaphore did not get released. I have to manually remove semaphores from the system. Is this a bug or what else? Thanks.

Ryan Jiang

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.