Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by im...@apache.org on 2014/02/13 04:48:01 UTC

Would like to actively participate...

Hi!

I'm Imtiaz, an Apache committer on a now inactive Apache top level project
ESME.

I an experienced Java developer since its inception and en even more
experienced, indeed ancient J developer in general having, among other
notable places, even spent a forgettable J 2+ years at Microsoft around
1991-1994, forgettable mainly because, for reasons Java aficionados will
readily understand, I could not identify with my assigned work viz., Visual
Basic 2.0 language implementation.

My favorite for the last couple of years has been Scala whose creator Martin
Odersky recently pointed out the graduation to a top level project of Apache
Kafka which relies on ZooKeeper.

To be honest, in spite of my considerable experience I have had little
opportunity to work with distributed computation and would like to get going
with ZooKeeper.

I believe the best way to learn is on the job - so request you, maybe
Patrick Hunt or Flavio who seem to be the currently most active
committers/PMC members on the dev list to point me to JIRA issues to get
started with by submitting patches, particularly useful ones, for example
those which would help in the 3.4.6 release.

Thanks in anticipation,

Imtiaz

Imtiaz Ahmed Hajee Esmail

Apache id imtiaz

ASF JIRA ids in.imtiaz, imtiaz

Location: Bangalore, India

Time Zone: UTC +5.30

Re: Would like to actively participate...

Posted by Camille Fournier <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Imtiaz,

That's great. You might look for tickets labeled "newbie":
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1746?jql=project%20%3D%2012310801%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie

Best,
Camille