Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Zichen Nie <zi...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/31 18:41:42 UTC

Correction of Instruction On CAS-PGE Learn by Example

Hi, I would like to add more instructions on how to compile
*FileConcatenatorPGE
project* on page
*https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/CAS-PGE+Learn+by+Example
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/CAS-PGE+Learn+by+Example>*

In the current instruction, step 4,*Build and deploy FileConcatenatorPGE*
seems really simple,
*cd /usr/local/src/fileconcatenator-pge*
*mvn package*
*mv target/fileconcatenator-pge-*.jar $WORKFLOW_HOME/lib*

however, in practice, the maven fails to build the project. Why? This is
because in pom.xml file, it specifies oodt to be 0.3-SNAPSHOT.

For those who are using oodt 0.7, there are two ways to fix the problem.

One way is really simple, change the oodt version to 0.3 in pom.xml, and *mvn
install* again. This will work perfectly compatible with oodt 0.7.

The other solution is to change oodt version to 0.7 and follow the steps
below:
1. Add a *PgeTaskMetadataKeys.java* file in the fileconcatenator home:
*$FILECONCATENATOR_HOME/src/main/java/org/apache/oodt/pge/examples/fileconcatenator.*
The *PgeTaskMetadataKey.java *is one of the import source for
*FileConcatenatorPGETask.java* file in the same folder. Without the import
source, compiler would fail to compile the *FileConcatenatorPGETask.java*.

2. Open the *FileConcatenatorPGETask.java*, add a "*thows Exception*" for
the overriden function *updataStatus(String status).*

3. Save the above changes and use *mvn package* or *mvn install* to compile
again, this time the build will be successful. Cheers!

By the way, the *PgeTaskMetadataKeys.java* can be found at:
*http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.oodt/cas-pge/0.3/org/apache/oodt/cas/pge/metadata/PgeTaskMetadataKeys.java

Re: Correction of Instruction On CAS-PGE Learn by Example

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Thank you Zichen!

These are great updates. Can you register on the OODT Apache Wiki and
then tell me your username? I¹ll then grant you permissions to update
the wiki page (or someone else here can). Then you can make these
updates on the wiki page which will help others when they encounter
this.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Chris