Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/08 05:44:13 UTC

Ran out of space during cleanup.. HELP

3 Node cluster and I just ran a nodetool cleanup on node #3. 1 and 2 are
now at 100% disk space. What should I do?

Re: Ran out of space during cleanup.. HELP

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.
Does cassandra suffer from this same issue in 0.7? You would think it
would at least warn if not prevent anticompaction if it knows there is a
good chance of running out of space.

Posted by Jake Maizel <ja...@soundcloud.com>.

--
Jake Maizel
Network Operations

Mail & GTalk: jake@soundcloud.com
Skype: jakecloud

Rosenthaler strasse 13, 101 19, Berlin, DE

Re: Ran out of space during cleanup.. HELP

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jake Maizel <ja...@soundcloud.com>.

Posted by Oleg Anastasyev <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.
Tried restarting node #1 and now received:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Insufficient disk space to flush
     at
org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getFlushPath(ColumnFamilyStore.java:442)
     at
org.apache.cassandra.db.Memtable.writeSortedContents(Memtable.java:149)
     at org.apache.cassandra.db.Memtable.access$000(Memtable.java:42)
     at org.apache.cassandra.db.Memtable$1.runMayThrow(Memtable.java:173)
     at
org.apache.cassandra.utils.WrappedRunnable.run(WrappedRunnable.java:30)
     ... 6 more

Any tips?