Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2009/03/06 17:30:23 UTC

Source code package name changes

I think it would be smart to change from org.jsecurity.* to org.apache.ki.*
only immediately before our first Apache release.  This allows our existing
user community to avoid changing source code dependencies until absolutely
necessary.

I'm recommending this because there are a few people that regularly build
snapshots for trunk for integration testing (Grails plugin, et. al), and I'd
like to avoid any headache for them until absolutely required.

Would this be ok?  Any objections?  What does everyone think?

Re: Source code package name changes

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Cool Kalle, thanks for the update.  Believe me, if I run in to any bumps,
I'll definitely reach out to you if I have any issues at all.

Also, once all the directory changes are done, I'd appreciate any feedback
on the poms to see if we're missing something or if you have any tricks that
we haven't covered yet.

Cheers,

Les

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Mar 6, 2009, at 6:11 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> On Mar 6, 2009, at 9:01 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> That's a good point - I hadn't really thought of it that way.  I'm
>> happy
>> with us converting the package names at any time based on how
>> people feel.
>
> I'm not a developer, but I'd also recommend that the name change and
> the switch to use Maven would best be done quickly.
>
> It's a group decision. I'd like others on the team to also express
> their opinions to see if there is consensus as to how (quickly) to
> proceed.

I'll also update the Maven POMs this weekend as well.  I can also do
the packaging if no one else wants to do it.

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.