Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org> on 2020/03/04 19:47:32 UTC

Travis emails being send to dev list

Recently, Travis CI emails started being sent from builds@travis-ci.org to
dev@druid.apache.org. Did someone change something recently to make this
happen? Also, do people enjoy that they show up here?

I'm asking because currently they end up in a spam moderation queue and
need to be manually approved. So we should either whitelist the address or
we should turn off the emails.

Personally, I don't find a ton of value in them, so if it were up to me I'd
say turn them off (I find more value in the GitHub integration that shows
CI results on PRs directly.)

Re: Travis emails being send to dev list

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
Ah, that seems like a good reason to send mails to the dev list. I _think_
I just whitelisted the address. (I'm not totally sure, since it's the first
time I've done it, and the mailing list interface is a bit esoteric.)

Posted by Chi Cao Minh <ch...@imply.io>.
https://github.com/apache/druid/pull/9340 <https://github.com/apache/druid/pull/9340>

My suggestion is to whitelist builds@travis-ci.org <ma...@travis-ci.org>. If the frequency of emails is too much, then we can possibly disable the notification from failure to success (but keep the notification for success to failure).