Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Nol <a....@dnb.nl> on 2008/12/30 15:21:24 UTC

threads in WS using spring/camel and multiple routes

Hi All,

We are trying to get a simple test application running on IBM WS 6.1, but
without luck if our routebuilder contains more than say 6 routes.

Somehow we have got the feeling this is a thread issue. For that reason
we've modify all thread pool values we find in WS Admin Console (increase
all min and max values).

In our aplicationContext we have:

<bean id="taskExecutor"
class="org.springframework.scheduling.commonj.WorkManagerTaskExecutor" >
  <property name="workManagerName" value="java:comp/env/WorkManagerAVB" />
  <property name="resourceRef" value="true" />
</bean>

Our threadpool named "Default" should contain between 5 and 40 threads.
However when debugging the application only 10 threads of name
"WorkManager.DefaultWorkManager..." show up.

When we start our application with a reduced number of routes everything
works fine.
However when we increase the number above a certain threshold the server
refuses to start up.

Thanks,
Nol

Re: threads in WS using spring/camel and multiple routes

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Nol <a....@dnb.nl> wrote:

> Claus,
>
> Sorry for this late respone to your quick reply: the holidays and a proper
> flu got inbetween.
>
> We think we are in better shape than last week; when I sayed we 'modified
> all thread pool values we find' that didn't include the one for workmanager,
> because we never found it... up untill today; in the WS Admin Console, onder
> Resources -> Async. Beans -> Workmanagers  the poolsize for the (variously
> scoped) Workmanagers can be changed. So we did, and have a working set of
> rootes now.
>
> (The symptom we had was that the server never got into stated 'Started' but
> appeared to be working on 'publishing' for ever, and after I believe 5
> minutes the system would report that the 10 workmanager threads 'appeared
> hung'. )
>
> IBM WS 6.1
> Camel 1.4
>
> Nol
Thanks for reporting back. Glad it appears to work now. We appreciate
the feedback as the community would like to hear from real life
experince working with IBM WebSphere and Camel and other frameworks.

Yeah I always have trouble finding the right stuff in the IBM Web
Console. Glad you found the spot and wrote where to find it.

Posted by Nol <a....@dnb.nl>.
Claus,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi