Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/21 15:22:50 UTC

call for Texen patches

Dear Colleagues,

Over in Velocity-land we're planning on releasing Texen 1.1 before the end
of the year.  There's a small set of incremental improvements.  Since
development is primarily user-driven for Texen, I thought I'd poll the
Torque community (and recent contributors) to see if anyone wants to
contribute anything else for version 1.1.

We're pretty liberal about accepting changes for Texen.  If a patch adds
useful functionality, has a unit test, and (if necessary) updates the docs,
we'll put it in.  There's also a few open items in JIRA which could use
code.

Here's some of the recent changes.

* Decouple Texen engine from ant tasks, allowing Texen to be called
independently of ant.
* Allow user to specify Velocity properties in subclass of TexenTask.
* Use LRUMap to allow Texen to generate many files without running out of
filehandles.
* Allow user to specify subclass of Generator.
* Require "." before "file.contents" suffix in properties.

WILL