Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Paul \"LeoNerd\" Evans" <le...@leonerd.org.uk> on 2014/03/06 20:06:00 UTC

Re: List support in Net::Async::CassandraCQL ?

On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 13:06:54 +1100
Jacob Rhoden <ja...@me.com> wrote:

> Thanks! I did try this without success. Perhaps I am just making a
> simple perl mistake then? I’ve been doing java so long, my perl is a
> little rusty:
>
>         my @address = ();
>         if(defined $a1 && $a1 ne "") {
>             push @address, $a1;
>         }
>         if(defined $a2 && $a2 ne "") {
>             push @address, $a2;
>         }
>         if(defined $a3 && $a3 ne "") {
>             push @address, $a3;
>         }
>
>         my @f;
>         my $q = $cass->prepare("update contact set name=?, address=? where uuid=?")->get;
>         push @f, $q->execute([$name, \@address, $uuid]);
>         Future->needs_all( @f )->get;

First of all, quite aside from the actual error, your use of
Future->needs_all on a list of a single future is totally redundant
there. You can replace that with simply

  $q->execute(...)->get;

Secondly, it's a little hard for me to reproduce this one locally
without seeing the table definition. Could you supply the CQL
definition used to create the table as well, so I can try it out for
myself?

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd@leonerd.org.uk
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/  |  https://metacpan.org/author/PEVANS

Re: List support in Net::Async::CassandraCQL ?

Posted by Jacob Rhoden <ja...@me.com>.
Thanks for the reply, My perl is rusty so I wasn't sure if the problem was my fault or not, At the time I tried to dig into the driver source code without much luck, and concluded it was the driver after all.

I'll make a simple specific test case shortly. (I'm away overseas so it will have to wait until I get to a computer).

Thanks,
Jacob

Sent from iPhone