Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com> on 2000/02/21 02:40:12 UTC

NodeList getLength() & Lazy evaluation problem???

I'm having erratic behavior with the parser, and I haven't quite tracked
down what is happening, but I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to
do with the lazy DOM evaluation.  I've got a function that returns a
NodeList based on an XPath statement.  I pass that NodeList into another
function to work with.  If I do a getLength call on the NodeList prior to
passing it into the function, then the getLength call on the NodeList within
the function I pass it to returns the correct value.  If, however, I do not
do a getLength call prior to passing it into the function, then the
getLength call within the function returns 0.  I've got my code calling
getLength prior to passing it in for now, but this seem very strange to me.
Is this a bug or my misunderstanding?

Thanks!

- Sean T.