Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by 821MARK <82...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/31 19:27:35 UTC

Appending to jmeter.log, versus overwrite on JMeter startup?

Everytime JMeter is opened, jmeter.log is overwritten, deleting my log()
messages that I put in there to track data.
 - Is there a possibility of always having jmeter.log appended to?
- Is there a better method of writing data to, besides log(), that's quick?
 -> I'm using Jmeter to create seed data, and then write the record numbers
to the log for later extraction.

Re: Appending to jmeter.log, versus overwrite on JMeter startup?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 31/10/05, 821MARK <82...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Everytime JMeter is opened, jmeter.log is overwritten, deleting my log()
> messages that I put in there to track data.
>  - Is there a possibility of always having jmeter.log appended to?

File a Bugzilla enhancment request ...

> - Is there a better method of writing data to, besides log(), that's quick?

I take it you mean quick to code?

>  -> I'm using Jmeter to create seed data, and then write the record numbers
> to the log for later extraction.

You could use a Java Sampler with a child listener to write the values
to a data file.
These are appended to.