Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tomasz Grobelny <to...@makingwaves.pl> on 2015/01/21 11:42:03 UTC

E235000: assertion failed (SVN_IS_VALID_REVNUM(new_revision))

I am trying to commit a change to a repository on codeplex, but I am unable to do so:

D:\Projects\openwaves\OpenWaves.EPiServer\trunk\src>"C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe" commit -m " - add OpenWaves.EPiServer6 on trunk branch"
Sending        OpenWaves.EPiServer.sln
Adding         OpenWaves.EPiServer6
Sending        OpenWaves.EPiServer6\EPiVirtualPathFileProvider.cs
Deleting       OpenWaves.EPiServer6\OpenWaves.EPiServer.csproj
Deleting       OpenWaves.EPiServer6\OpenWaves.EPiServer.nuspec
Adding         OpenWaves.EPiServer6\OpenWaves.EPiServer6.csproj
Adding         OpenWaves.EPiServer6\OpenWaves.EPiServer6.nuspec
Sending        OpenWaves.EPiServer6\packages.config
Transmitting file data ....svn: E235000: In file 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.8.10\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c' line 11342: assert
ion failed (SVN_IS_VALID_REVNUM(new_revision))

Any ideas how can I start debugging the issue?

Regards,
Tomasz Grobelny

RE: E235000: assertion failed (SVN_IS_VALID_REVNUM(new_revision))

Posted by Tomasz Grobelny <to...@makingwaves.pl>.
I am afraid that this may no longer be possible as I took a workaround and committed my changes using TFS interface to codeplex repo.
I can roughly describe what the commit involved:
1. I copied one directory from openwaves\branches\0.1\src\OpenWaves.EPiServer to openwaves\OpenWaves.EPiServer\trunk\src\ OpenWaves.EPiServer6
2. I changed OpenWaves.EPiServer.csproj to OpenWaves.EPiServer6.csproj and OpenWaves.EPiServer.nuspec to OpenWaves.EPiServer6.nuspec - both inside the above dir and both got modified
3. Modified the openwaves\OpenWaves.EPiServer\trunk\src\OpenWaves.EPiServer.sln file and added app.config file in the above dir

Not sure if it helps tracking down the issue, but this is all I can remember to reproduce the issue right now.

Tomek

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com> writes:

> The client may have broken the working copy when it tried to apply the
> missing revision number.  You may have to check out a second working
> copy, compare to the first and manually transfer the changes to the
> second working copy.

Bert pointed out that the client may have asserted before breaking the
working copy, in which case you just need to run cleanup.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Tomasz Grobelny <to...@makingwaves.pl>.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Tomasz Grobelny <to...@makingwaves.pl>.
Thanks for information.
I don't have access to the server - it is codeplex server. Not sure what they are using there. I already posted a question on codeplex forum (https://codeplex.codeplex.com/discussions/578215) and will see what they have to say about it.

Tomek