Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jonathan Layes <j....@layes.com> on 2002/06/14 17:02:05 UTC

Generating a 404 from

Hi all,

I have a few ESQL XSP pages where there is the potential for
the query to not generate any results.  In those cases, I would
like to throw a ResourceNotFoundException and let my error
handling (defined in the sitemap) take over and generate a 404
back to the client.  Is this a sensible thing to do and, if so,
how do I import ResourceNotFoundException into the context
of the XSP so I can write something like:

  <esql:no-results>
    <xsp:logic>
      throw new ResourceNotFoundException("bla bla");
    </xsp:logic>
  </esql:no-results>

Thanks, Jonathan

Re: Generating a 404 from

Posted by Jonathan Layes <j....@layes.com>.
Hi all,

I'm starting to get pretty good at answering my own Cocoon
questions :)  After some digging, I found the xsp:structure
and xsp:include tags in both the included esql logicsheet
and in the logicsheet documentation.  By including:

 <xsp:structure>
   <xsp:include>org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException</xsp:include>
 </xsp:structure>

at the top of the .xsp, I can later write:

    <esql:no-results>
      <xsp:logic>
        throw new ResourceNotFoundException("There is no resource with that key"
);
      </xsp:logic>
    </esql:no-results>

and accomplish the desired result - kicking a ResourceNotFoundException
to the generator resulting in a 404 being returned to the client.

Cheers, Jonathan