Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/03 04:27:15 UTC

[VOTE] 10.3.3.0 release

Hi all,

I have posted a release candidate for 10.3.3.0 here:

http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/10.3.3.0/

The driving force for this release is getting the fix for DERBY-3347
into user's hands. Since the Eclipse doc and ui plugins have not
changed, I plan to carry those over from the last 10.3 release.

The vote will close on May 12, at 5pm PST.

Thanks,
andrew

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.3.0 release

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have posted a release candidate for 10.3.3.0 here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/10.3.3.0/
>
> The driving force for this release is getting the fix for DERBY-3347
> into user's hands. Since the Eclipse doc and ui plugins have not
> changed, I plan to carry those over from the last 10.3 release.
>
> The vote will close on May 12, at 5pm PST.
>
> Thanks,
> andrew

I did some adhoc hand testing of the release on windows XP, also ran
a set of nightly's.  Based on this and the posted test results of others
I vote:
+1

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.3.0 release

Posted by Manjula Kutty <ma...@gmail.com>.
Based on my testing on AIX with ibm15 and 16 and also running a sanity
system test run of MailJdbc, there were no major issues.

My vote : +1

-Manjula

On 5/8/08, John Embretsen <Jo...@sun.com> wrote:

> Based on some sanity checks I have run, as well as the excellent test
> results
> posted by Ole, I cast my vote:
>
> +1
>
> --
> John
>

> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have posted a release candidate for 10.3.3.0 here:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/10.3.3.0/
> >
> > The driving force for this release is getting the fix for DERBY-3347
> > into user's hands. Since the Eclipse doc and ui plugins have not
> > changed, I plan to carry those over from the last 10.3 release.
> >
> > The vote will close on May 12, at 5pm PST.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > andrew

Manjula.

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.3.0 release

Posted by John Embretsen <Jo...@Sun.COM>.

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.3.0 release

Posted by Ole Solberg <Ol...@Sun.COM>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have posted a release candidate for 10.3.3.0 here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/10.3.3.0/
>
> The driving force for this release is getting the fix for DERBY-3347
> into user's hands. Since the Eclipse doc and ui plugins have not
> changed, I plan to carry those over from the last 10.3 release.
>
> The vote will close on May 12, at 5pm PST.
>
> Thanks,
> andrew

Results from our tests on 10.3.3.0 are now available at
http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/10.3.3.0_RC/TestReport.html

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.3.0 release

Posted by Ole Solberg <Ol...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.3.0 release

Posted by Thomas Nielsen <Th...@Sun.COM>.
+1

The test results looks very good IMHO :)

Thomas

[RESULT] [VOTE] 10.3.3.0 release

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> The vote will close on May 12, at 5pm PST.

I forgot to add in my +1 vote. Please consider it added here.

Voting has closed. The vote has passed with 9 +1 votes from:

Ole Solberg
John Embretsen
Manjula Kutty
Myrna van Lunteren
Mike Matrigali
Thomas Nielsen
Kathey Marsden
Knut Anders Hatlen
Andrew McIntyre

and no other votes.

I am short on time this week, but I will update the website and
announce the release as soon as possible. Many thanks to those who
took the time to test the release.

Best regards,
Andrew

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.3.0 release

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have posted a release candidate for 10.3.3.0 here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/10.3.3.0/
>
> The driving force for this release is getting the fix for DERBY-3347
> into user's hands. Since the Eclipse doc and ui plugins have not
> changed, I plan to carry those over from the last 10.3 release.
>
> The vote will close on May 12, at 5pm PST.

I replied to the wrong e-mail, so my vote went to private@db only.
Here's another attempt to get it to derby-dev. My vote is +1.

--
Knut Anders

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.3.0 release

Posted by Ole Solberg <Ol...@Sun.COM>.

Sorry: should be http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/index.html#10.3Releases

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.3.0 release

Posted by Ole Solberg <Ol...@Sun.COM>.

Re: [VOTE] 10.3.3.0 release

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have posted a release candidate for 10.3.3.0 here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/10.3.3.0/
>
> The driving force for this release is getting the fix for DERBY-3347
> into user's hands. Since the Eclipse doc and ui plugins have not
> changed, I plan to carry those over from the last 10.3 release.
>
> The vote will close on May 12, at 5pm PST.

I ran IBM 1.6 SR1 on XP against the lib distribution as posted on the
Wiki and found no product issues.

+1  to release

Kathey