Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by akashgoswami <ak...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/19 18:05:45 UTC

Excel to PDF

Hi, I want  POI generated excel file to be converted in PDF, is it possible?,
If yes, please let me know , or if there is much better solution to create a
PDF file using POI library , please suggest.

Thanks
Akash

Re: Excel to PDF

Posted by Mark Beardsley <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
You cannot use POI to directly generate a pdf file and will need to look at a
different tool. In the past, I have used JODConverter very successfully -
http://www.artofsolving.com/opensource/jodconverter.html

Re: Excel to PDF

Posted by kiwiwings <ki...@apache.org>.
For my quick&dirty use cases, I usually read the Excel with POI and generate
a XML file to be processed by Apache FOP.

Andi