Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/23 08:29:32 UTC

[RESULT]: [VOTE] Release 1.5 of NetBeans HTML/Java API

The vote started four days ago, so it is time to announce the result:
Approved.

Bertrand Delacretaz: +1
John D. Ament: Here's my +1 to release.
Mark Struberg: +1 IPMC binding ...
Ate Douma: +1 (binding)

No vote against, four binding approvals, plus one extra:

Wade Chandler: +1

Thanks for making Apache NetBeans HTML/Java API 1.5 release possible!
-jt

Re: [RESULT]: [VOTE] Release 1.5 of NetBeans HTML/Java API

Posted by Dave Schoorl <ds...@bkwi.nl>.
Ah, I see, you are right. For most artifacts, a more complex filename is used, like “net.java.html.boot”. xhr4j and ko4j being the exceptions. Should we use the maven coordinates (groupId.artifactId) for these as Automatic-Module-Name attribute in their manifest files?

Dave

Posted by Anton Epple <to...@eppleton.de>.

Posted by Dave Schoorl <ds...@bkwi.nl>.
Now, it is not my itch. I don't use the artifacts as dependency in my applications yet. It may be or become other peoples pain, now or on the future. Nevertheless, I will try to make a pull request, however, the next couple of days I have very limited time. I will try to do it over the next couple of days.

Dave

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Posted by Dave Schoorl <ds...@bkwi.nl>.

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
All HTML/Java modules are OSGi bundles. The automatic module name shall be
the same as Bundle-SymbolicName, I assume. The manifest entry is defined
here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-html4j/blob/master/pom.xml#L329
Feel free to create the PR.

I wanted to prepare 1.5.1 release relatively soon - e.g. on Friday. In
addition to manifest changes I'd be interested in having a test case that
verifies the behavior - just like there are tests for [Felix](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-html4j/tree/master/ko-felix-test)
and [Equinox](
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-html4j/tree/master/ko-osgi-test).
How long developing everything with such test will take? I don't want to
needlessly delay bugfixes coming with 1.5.1 for a new nice to have feature.

-jt

Re: [RESULT]: [VOTE] Release 1.5 of NetBeans HTML/Java API

Posted by Dave Schoorl <ds...@bkwi.nl>.

Posted by Anton Epple <to...@eppleton.de>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dave,

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
OK, the bits are now in

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
OK, the bits are now in

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
If you want mentors to respond, best to put [mentors] tag at the start of
the subject line, so they can quickly see their insights are needed.

Gj

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.