Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by junjihashimoto <gi...@git.apache.org> on 2013/04/08 05:09:47 UTC

zookeeper pull request: Fixed package-script for chown-error

GitHub user junjihashimoto opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/4

    Fixed package-script for chown-error

    When the package is installed, dpkg outputs "chown: invalid user: `zookeeper:hadoop'".
    So fixed debian-package's install script(postrm and preinst).

    $ git pull https://github.com/junjihashimoto/zookeeper feature/package

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/4.patch

----
commit 412747d143d2941f3711ca5e465f29c1e22b3540
Author: Junji Hashimoto <ju...@gree.co.jp>
Date:   2013-04-08T02:59:09Z

Re: zookeeper pull request: Fixed package-script for chown-error

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.
Hi Junji,

Thank you for the patch. We currently don't accept github pull
requests. Please follow the steps described here:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/HowToContribute

You could still use git for your development, and generate svn
compatible patches with "git diff --no-prefix".

As for the actual pull request, I think we stopped maintaining these
package files in favor of using BigTop. We should probably remove
these files.

--Michi