Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Bremser, Kurt (AMOS Austria GmbH)" <Ku...@allianz.at> on 2015/03/30 11:06:07 UTC

AW: [users@httpd] Apache default page not displayed [wd-vc]

Where does DocumentRoot in your httpd.conf point to?

Kurt Bremser
AMOS Austria

Newton was wrong. There is no gravity. The Earth sucks.
________________________________
Posted by Stephen Liu <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your advice.

There is no httpd.conf in Mint 17.  The config file is /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

# cat /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
PidFile ${APACHE_PID_FILE}
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On

MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 5

# These need to be set in /etc/apache2/envvars
User ${APACHE_RUN_USER}
Group ${APACHE_RUN_GROUP}

HostnameLookups Off
ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
LogLevel warn

# Include module configuration:
IncludeOptional mods-enabled/*.load
IncludeOptional mods-enabled/*.conf

# Include list of ports to listen on
Include ports.conf

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Require all denied
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/share>
    AllowOverride None
    Require all granted
</Directory>

<Directory /var/www/>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Require all granted
</Directory>

AccessFileName .htaccess

<FilesMatch "^\.ht">
    Require all denied
</FilesMatch>

LogFormat "%v:%p %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %O \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" vhost_combined
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %O \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %O" common
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent

# Include generic snippets of statements
IncludeOptional conf-enabled/*.conf

# Include the virtual host configurations:
IncludeOptional sites-enabled/*.conf
- end of file -

Change DocumentRoot on /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf
from - DocumentRoot /var/www/html
to - DocumentRoot /var/www

# service apache2 restart

On browser http://localhost starts
It Works !

http://localhost/website-foldername
blank page

Previously before upgrade to Mint 17, it worked

Regards
Stephen

     Richard <li...@listmail.innovate.net> 於 2015年03月30日 (週一) 8:31 PM 寫道﹕

 You might want to use the "find" command to locate your apache
httpd.conf. I don't know about Ubuntu, but on many OS distributions,
the apache configuration files are in /etc/httpd .

Try putting your "index.html" file down a level, in /var/www/html,
that's generally the default document root. [but you still need to
figure out where your apache configuration files are so that you can
properly manage your server.]

    - Richard

Posted by Richard <li...@listmail.innovate.net>.
You might want to use the "find" command to locate your apache
httpd.conf. I don't know about Ubuntu, but on many OS distributions,
the apache configuration files are in /etc/httpd .

Try putting your "index.html" file down a level, in /var/www/html,
that's generally the default document root. [but you still need to
figure out where your apache configuration files are so that you can
properly manage your server.]

    - Richard

> $ cat /etc/phpmyadmin/lighttpd.conf | grep DocumentRoot
> No printout
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards
> Stephen L
>

>      "Bremser, Kurt (AMOS Austria GmbH)" <Ku...@allianz.at>
> 於 2015年03月30日 (週一) 5:08 PM 寫道﹕
>

>  #yiv9938440916 #yiv9938440916 --P
> {MARGIN-BOTTOM:0px;MARGIN-TOP:0px;}#yiv9938440916 Where does
> DocumentRoot in your httpd.conf point to? Kurt BremserAMOS
> Austria Newton was wrong. There is no gravity. The Earth
> sucks.Von: Stephen Liu [satimis@yahoo.com.INVALID] Gesendet:
> Montag, 30. März 2015 11:01
> An: users@httpd.apache.org
> Betreff: [users@httpd] Apache default page not displayed [wd-vc]
>
> Hi all,
>
> OS - LinuxMint 17
>
> Not displaying Apache2 default page - "It Works"
>
> Apache2 is running
># /etc/init.d/apache2 start* Starting web server apache2
>
> ls /var/www/
> ballet  classic  hymn        info.php  string
> bible   html     index.html  opera     wordpress
>
> html is a

directory                            Š>

[users@httpd] 回覆︰ AW: [users@httpd] Apache default page not displayed [wd-vc]

Posted by Stephen Liu <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

$ locate httpd.conf
/etc/phpmyadmin/lighttpd.conf

no such file?

$ cat /etc/phpmyadmin/lighttpd.conf | grep DocumentRoot
No printout

Thanks

Regards
Stephen L

     "Bremser, Kurt (AMOS Austria GmbH)" <Ku...@allianz.at> 於 2015年03月30日 (週一) 5:08 PM 寫道﹕

 #yiv9938440916 #yiv9938440916 --P {MARGIN-BOTTOM:0px;MARGIN-TOP:0px;}#yiv9938440916 Where does DocumentRoot in your httpd.conf point to? Kurt BremserAMOS Austria Newton was wrong. There is no gravity. The Earth sucks.Von: Stephen Liu [satimis@yahoo.com.INVALID]