Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Alper Tekinalp <al...@evam.com> on 2018/04/18 06:43:10 UTC

Ensuring CacheStore Operations Finished

Hi all.

My use case is as follows:
- Create a cache A that synchronizes with DB table A_TABLE
- Destroy A and backup A_TABLE as A_TABLE_BCK

At the moment between destroy and backup is there a way to know that all
the synchronization was finished and the A_TABLE is not incomplete?

Regards.

--
Alper Tekinalp

Software Development Team Lead
Evam Streaming Analytics

www.evam.com <http://www.evam.com.tr>
<http://www.evam.com>

Re: Ensuring CacheStore Operations Finished

Posted by Roman Guseinov <ro...@gromtech.ru>.
I've checked some details and found out that Cache.destroy future will be
completed only after all changes are flushed to a persistent storage.

This way Cache.destroy() call completes when synchronization is already
finished.

Best Regards,
Roman

Re: Ensuring CacheStore Operations Finished

Posted by Alper Tekinalp <al...@evam.com>.
Hi Roman.

We use write-behind for performance considerations. We cannot use
write-through for that reason.

Regards.