Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by fudong li <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/19 21:38:17 UTC

What is the difference between "attorney:(Roger Miller)" and "attorney:Roger Miller"

We got different results for these two queries. The first one returned 115
records and the second returns 179 records.

Thanks,

Fudong

Re: What is the difference between "attorney:(Roger Miller)" and "attorney:Roger Miller"

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
&debug=query is your friend!

Posted by Rafał Kuć <r....@solr.pl>.
Hello!

Posted by Utkarsh Sengar <ut...@gmail.com>.
Also, attorney:(Roger Miller) is same as attorney:"Roger Miller" right? Or
the term "Roger Miller" is run against attorney?

Thanks,
-Utkarsh

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Rafał Kuć <r....@solr.pl> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> In the first one, the two terms 'Roger' and 'Miller' are run against
> the attorney field. In the second the 'Roger' term is run against the
> attorney field and the 'Miller' term is run against the default search
> field.
>
> --
> Regards,
>  Rafał Kuć
>

> > We got different results for these two queries. The first one returned
> 115
> > records and the second returns 179 records.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Fudong

-Utkarsh

Re: What is the difference between "attorney:(Roger Miller)" and "attorney:Roger Miller"

Posted by Rafał Kuć <r....@solr.pl>.
Hello!