Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Edson Alves Pereira <Gu...@netscape.net> on 2002/04/23 14:54:17 UTC

Apache + Tomcat and mod_webapp.so

  Why when i try to POST a servlet or a JSP page i receive:

Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /servlets/JEdson.class

Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /jsp/edson.jsp

  What i must to solve this problem?

   PS.: I using Apache and Tomcat under WinNT!

  With best wishes,
  Edson Alves Pereira

Re: Apache + Tomcat and mod_webapp.so

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:

> Perhaps you should contact the tomcat user's mail list.
>
> Or perhaps you should read the README.txt that states mod_webapp doesn't
> work under Windows and that pier doesn't have a windows box so someone
> who does can either fix it or you can install a real operating system
> (I'm paraphrasing but thats roughly what it says -- and I totally am
> down with that ;-) )

GO ANDY! :) BTW, we have a fix... Once I'm done with some code for the
employer I'll add it to the repo (unless someone haven't done it already)...

    Pier (busy busy busy busy)

--
I think that it's extremely foolish to name a server after the current U.S.
President.                                                 B.W. Fitzpatrick

Re: Apache + Tomcat and mod_webapp.so

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Perhaps you should contact the tomcat user's mail list.

Or perhaps you should read the README.txt that states mod_webapp doesn't
work under Windows and that pier doesn't have a windows box so someone
who does can either fix it or you can install a real operating system
(I'm paraphrasing but thats roughly what it says -- and I totally am
down with that ;-) )

-Andy

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 08:54, Edson Alves Pereira wrote:
>   Why when i try to POST a servlet or a JSP page i receive:
>
> Method Not Allowed
> The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /servlets/JEdson.class
>
> Method Not Allowed
> The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /jsp/edson.jsp
>
>   What i must to solve this problem?
>
>    PS.: I using Apache and Tomcat under WinNT!
>
>   With best wishes,
>   Edson Alves Pereira

http://www.superlinksoftware.com
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - port of Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound