Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2014/02/21 02:22:12 UTC

File API Permissions on Android

The File plugin adds:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />

It'd be nice if it didn't add this when you've set the preference to store
files on the internal storage.

Likewise, for the file-system-roots plugin, it'd be nice if the permission
was added only when the "sdcard" root is in the preferences.

So... what does everyone think about having the plugin.xml files *not* add
the permission, and leave it up to documentation to instruct users to add
it when they want it?

Re: File API Permissions on Android

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
With the CLI workflow, you can't delete a permission without writing a
post-prepare hook :(

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.