Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thomas Guest <th...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/05 10:15:40 UTC

svn switch --relocate gives "PROPFIND request failed"

I'm having trouble running svn switch --relocate on a working copy

$ svn sw --relocate svn://typosphere.org/typo/trunk
http://svn.typosphere.org/typo/trunk typo
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/typo'
svn: PROPFIND of '/typo': 301 Moved Permanently (http://svn.typosphere.org)

Searching through the email list, it seems that this could be due to
Apache configuration

http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2007-03/0625.shtml

I wonder what the best way is to resolve this on the client side. Is
it a very bad idea to dive in and edit the  .svn/entries files? Would
a fresh check out from the new URL then merging across diffs from my
current working copy be better?

Thomas Guest
http://www.wordaligned.org

Re: svn switch --relocate gives "PROPFIND request failed"

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 5, 2007, at 05:15, Thomas Guest wrote:

> I'm having trouble running svn switch --relocate on a working copy
>
> $ svn sw --relocate svn://typosphere.org/typo/trunk
> http://svn.typosphere.org/typo/trunk typo
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/typo'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/typo': 301 Moved Permanently (http://
> svn.typosphere.org)
>
> Searching through the email list, it seems that this could be due to
> Apache configuration
>
> http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2007-03/0625.shtml
>
> I wonder what the best way is to resolve this on the client side. Is
> it a very bad idea to dive in and edit the  .svn/entries files? Would
> a fresh check out from the new URL then merging across diffs from my
> current working copy be better?

Yes, it sounds like an incorrect Apache configuration, so the place
to fix it is at the server, not the client. Please do not edit
anything inside the .svn directories. Instead, please show us your
Apache configuration so we can suggest how to fix it.

You can always try checking out a fresh working copy to see if that
works.