Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com> on 2008/07/02 00:27:28 UTC

More Fixed Asset Maintenance Ideas

I'm working on building out the fixed asset maintenances and I need to
get advice/suggestions on a few things.

As was mentioned previously, I'm trying to set up two triggers for
recurring maintenances - meter readings and time intervals. The meter
reading trigger is finished. Now I'm trying to tackle the time intervals.

1. Should we have a recurrenceRuleId field in ProductMaint for better
recurrence support? Doing so would duplicate some of the fields already
in the entity, so I'm not sure about this one. Maybe have it set up so
the recurrenceRuleId takes precedence over the ProductMaint recurrence
fields.

2. I'd like to add a field to Product that would be a productMaintTypeId
- used to narrow down choices in Product Maintenance Type selection
boxes. Basically, the ID in the field would be used as a constraint in
the ProductMaintType entity (ProductMaintType.parentTypeId =
"someValue"). So, for a vehicle product maintenance only vehicle
maintenance types would be shown, for a copier product maintenance only
copier maintenance types would be shown, etc.

What do you think?

-Adrian

Re: More Fixed Asset Maintenance Ideas

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Adrian Crum wrote:
> 2. I'd like to add a field to Product that would be a productMaintTypeId
> - used to narrow down choices in Product Maintenance Type selection
> boxes. Basically, the ID in the field would be used as a constraint in
> the ProductMaintType entity (ProductMaintType.parentTypeId =
> "someValue").  So, for a vehicle product maintenance only vehicle
> maintenance types would be shown, for a copier product maintenance only
> copier maintenance types would be shown, etc.

That wasn't clear enough. It should say:

Basically, the ID in the field would be used as a constraint in the
ProductMaintType entity (ProductMaintType.parentTypeId =
Product.productMaintTypeId).

-Adrian