Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/09/09 19:45:21 UTC

Re: LogLevels revisited..

Perhaps you missed my original commit of this and the ensuing
discussion. (mainly with myself)

Providing backward support for the old logging functions is
difficult at best if we take this to a per-request level (which
would be necessary to support per-dir). I agree with your
reasoning, but I personally could not find a clear path to provide
backward support for the old functions and pass a request_rec.
My original commit provided per-dir configurability.

As for your second suggestion, neat, but grep really accomplishes
the same thing. I'm not sure the added complexity is worth it.
*shrug*

There are other problems with LogLevels that I don't like. If
someone wants to discuss them, let me know. Response to previous
comments has been missing.