Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Mahabaleshwar, Ravindra" <Ra...@tcs.tcpn.com> on 2004/05/27 16:45:15 UTC

Problems porting XALAN 1.7 on NonStop Machines

Hello

I am new to XALAN and  I am trying to port XALANC 1.7 onto tandem machines.
I have succesfully ported Xerces2.4  and ICU to tandem .
I am trying to build it on OSS (unix). I have built the libraries , the executables and samples.
When I try to run the samples or I get the error

>TestXSLT -IN foo.xml -XSL foo.xsl -OUT foo.out

Fatal Error at (unknown file , line 0 , column {null} ): An exception occurred!
Type:XMLPlatformException, Message:Could not read data from file

Debugging the same shows that the samples fails at the method XMLPlatformUtils::readFileBuffer.
This method has been implemented in platformutils.cpp file.
When the same foo.xml and foo.xsl file is used with the SAXPrint examples provided with
Xerces 2.4 it works fine.

I have set the XERCESCROOT and XSLTROOT environmental variables.
Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or missing out something.

Thanks and Regards
Ravi