Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com> on 2015/07/30 17:21:00 UTC

Web control center: generate or not properties with default values.

Igniters,

I'm working on Ignite Web Control Center (IGNITE-843
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-843).

One of its features is a XML / java code generation.
User select in UI different properties and get generated XML or java code
for cluster configuration.

So the question: should I generate property that user select in UI if user
select default value for that property?

For example. User select in combobox cache mode: PARTITIONED.
This is default mode for cache and could be omitted.
But somehow I feel that this will confuse users...

What do you think?

May be I should add an option on summary screen "Omit defaults"?

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: Web control center: generate or not properties with default values.

Posted by Sergey Evdokimov <se...@gridgain.com>.
Alexey,

2.) You understand me incorrectly, combobox will have 4 options: "Default
(PARTITIONED)" , "PARTITIONED", "REPLICATIED", "LOCAL". First option will
be gray, another option (include "PARTITIONED") of course should be black.

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.
Dmitry,

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Alexey,

Posted by Sergey Evdokimov <se...@gridgain.com>.
Cache mode combobox may have default option "Default (PARTITIONED)". That
option should be selected by default and have gray color to differ from
other.
IMHO radio buttons are more appropriate to select cache mode, because user
can see all options at same time, without mouse click.