Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2016/11/08 13:05:57 UTC

[ANN] Apache Jena 3.1.1 released with Fuseki 2.4.1

We are pleased to announce the release of Apache Jena 3.1.1 together
with Fuseki 2.4.1.

In this release:

* Improved JSON-LD output
      JENA-1208 - Fran�ois-Paul Servant
http://jena.apache.org/documentation/io/rdf-output.html#json-ld

* Completed F&O XPath3 functions
      JENA-508 - Alessandro Seganti

* ComplexPhraseQueryParser
      JENA-1180 - Andrew Dolby

* Additional vocabularies (DCAT, VoID, ROV, ORG)
      JENA-1206 - Bart Hanssens

* Improvement to the Fuseki service script for RHEL/Centos 6.
      JENA-1219 - Dan Pritts

* ORDER BY now cancelable.

* Txn : a highlevel API for working with transactions
   http://jena.apache.org/documentation/txn/txn.html

* Embedded Fuseki
   http://jena.apache.org/documentation/fuseki2/fuseki-embedded.html

* Property path speed ups (JENA-1195)

* Upgrade to using the Apache HttpClient v4.3 API
      => auth changes cause API changes.

* General maintenance
   67 tickets

* Dependency changes:

Updates:
       com.github.jsonld-java:jsonld-java      0.7.0 -> 0.8.3

       org.apache.httpcomponents:httpClient    4.2.6 -> 4.5.2
       org.apache.httpcomponents:httpCache     4.2.6 -> 4.5.2
       org.apache.httpcomponents:httpCore      4.2.5 -> 4.4.4

       com.jayway.awaitility:awaitility        1.6.4 -> 1.7.0
       com.spatial4j:spatial4j                 0.4.1 -> 0.5
       org.slf4j:*                             1.7.20 -> 1.7.21
       commons-codec:commons-codec             1.9 -> 1.10
       org.apache.commons:commons-collections4 4.0 -> 4.1
       org.apache.commons:commons-csv          1.0 -> 1.3
       org.apache.commons:commons-lang3        3.3.2 -> 3.4
       org.apache.thrift:libthrift             0.9.2 -> 0.9.3
       org.apache.mrunit:mrunit                1.0.0 -> 1.1.0
       com.github.rvesse:airline               2.1.0 -> 2.1.1

== Obtaining Apache Jena 3.1.1

If migrating from Jena 2.x.x, please see
http://jena.staging.apache.org/documentation/migrate_jena2_jena3.html

* Via central.maven.org

The main jars and their dependencies can used with:

     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.jena</groupId>
       <artifactId>apache-jena-libs</artifactId>
       <type>pom</type>
       <version>3.1.1</version>
     </dependency>

Full details of all maven artifacts are described at:

       http://jena.apache.org/download/maven.html

* As binary downloads

Apache Jena libraries are available as a binary distribution of
libraries. For details of a global mirror copy of Jena binaries please see:

http://jena.apache.org/download/

* Source code for the release

The signed source code of this release is available at:

http://www.apache.org/dist/jena/source/

and the signed master source for all Apache Jena releases is available
at: http://archive.apache.org/dist/jena/

== Contributing

If you would like to help out, a good place to look is the list of
unresolved JIRA at:

http://s.apache.org/jena-jira-current

or drop into the dev@ list.

We use github pull requests and other ways for accepting code:
    https://github.com/apache/jena/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

     The Apache Jena development community

Re: [ANN] Apache Jena 3.1.1 released with Fuseki 2.4.1

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.
I am pretty confident in my changes, so I will commit them directly to trunk, then Rob (or whoever wants to) can glance over them in staging and see that they meet expectations, or whether more is needed.

Now, on to recreating work. {grumble, grumble}

> You may find them still in your copy of the site in CMS.

That's what appears to be gone!

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library