Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/21 00:06:29 UTC

enter key

Hi there,

On some of my forms when I click the Enter key, nothing happens.

On others though, the form "submits itself".

I can't find any documentation readily that explains why I see this
difference...any pointers would be much appreciated.

(Cocoon 2.1.11, Tomcat 7.x)

Paul

Re: enter key

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 21/12/2012 00:06, Paul Joseph wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On some of my forms when I click the Enter key, nothing happens.
>
> On others though, the form "submits itself".
>
> I can't find any documentation readily that explains why I see this
> difference...any pointers would be much appreciated.
>
> (Cocoon 2.1.11, Tomcat 7.x)

Hi Paul,
guess that Cocoon does not make the point here: just google around a bit
and you'll find any kind of javascript & HTML tricks for doing what you
need.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: enter key

Posted by Bardo Nelgen <ma...@bnnperformances.de>.
Hi Paul,

that one's actually quite simple:

With all browsers I know the ENTER key-click is auto-associated with a
form's HTML SUBMIT input type.

That way it will, in essence, work automatically (a.k.a. by default)
once your form has a submit button and, as a consequence, not
necessarily do so, if you e.g. submit the form via a regular
(JavaScript-)link or any other type of scripting.

So in case of doubt go for a styled SUBMIT-button and catch the submit
event to do your script work (if any), rather than linking to the script
function from a button image.

Best,

Bardo