Posted to notifications@pekko.apache.org by "laglangyue (via GitHub)" <gi...@apache.org> on 2023/12/27 11:23:12 UTC

[D] Wrapper a row obejct for pekko-connectors [incubator-pekko-connectors]

GitHub user laglangyue created a discussion: Wrapper a row obejct for pekko-connectors

I am using pekko to build ETL app,like this
```scala
reader -> flow-> writer.
```
I would use pekko-connector to build the reader/writer, I find a questtion is that our connector's input and output are not unified,some is bytestring,some is  type T and so on.
so I will change my app,
```scala
reader(pekko-connectors) -> row-map-function -> pekko streams flow -> row-map-function -> writer(pekko-connectors)
```
Which I want to discussion with the community is that can we provide a simple row, like a jdbc row for connectors

GitHub link: https://github.com/apache/incubator-pekko-connectors/discussions/297

----
This is an automatically sent email for notifications@pekko.apache.org.

Re: [D] Wrapper a row obejct for pekko-connectors [incubator-pekko-connectors]

Posted by "laglangyue (via GitHub)" <gi...@apache.org>.
GitHub user laglangyue edited a discussion: Wrapper a row obejct for pekko-connectors

I am using pekko to build ETL app,like this
```scala
reader -> flow-> writer.
```
I would use pekko-connector to build the reader/writer, I find a questtion is that our connector's input and output are not unified,some is bytestring,some is  type T and so on.
so I will change my app,
```scala
reader(pekko-connectors) -> row-map-function -> pekko streams flow -> row-map-function -> writer(pekko-connectors)
```
Which I want to discussion with the community is that can we provide a simple row, like a jdbc row for connectors.
If we implement this unified row, different pekko-connectors can freely connect to each other.

Posted by "laglangyue (via GitHub)" <gi...@apache.org>.
GitHub user laglangyue added a comment to the discussion: Wrapper a row obejct for pekko-connectors

For me, I can use Spark SQL Row and implement function to map the input and output for pekko-connectors. I am not sure if other members of pekko-community have meet this problem.

GitHub link: https://github.com/apache/incubator-pekko-connectors/discussions/297#discussioncomment-7955653

----
This is an automatically sent email for notifications@pekko.apache.org.