Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Mark Lybarger <ml...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/15 04:51:24 UTC

Re: Date corruption in logging

we experience the same thing on an ibm p520 machine (and a p570).
seems reverting to a 32bit jvm helps, but that's not really a good
solution.  my understanding is that log4j is just using
java.util.Date() for logging, so it would seem to  be an issue with
the JDK, but i can't say for certain.

one annoying thing is that the daily rolling file appender for the
jboss server.log never ends up rolling, and the file just grows to an
unmanageable size after time.