Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "K.C. Baltz" <kc...@lollimail.com> on 2003/07/02 02:13:14 UTC

Any way to upload a file with spaces in the name via the Webdav Client?

I've seen questions but no answers for this issue in the archives.  I'd
like to be able to upload a file with spaces in its name because this is
possible using the WebDAV protocol (Specifically, I can drag and drop
such a file using Web Folders into my Slide repository with no errors).

K.C.

Re: Any way to upload a file with spaces in the name via the Webdav Client?

Posted by Ingo Brunberg <ib...@fiz-chemie.de>.
> How recently was the CVS code fixed?  I'm using a fairly recent copy of
> it, but not the absolute latest.  Do I need to do anything special to
> the URI (e.g. encode the spaces) I pass to WebdavResource.putMethod?

I checked in the changes about two weeks ago. And no, you don't have
to encode the path if you use WebdavResource.putMethod(). In the
(hopefully near) future you will have to encode the path yourself if
you use PutMethod or any other method directly, but not for the
convenience methods in WebdavResource.

Regards,
Ingo

Posted by "K.C. Baltz" <kc...@lollimail.com>.