Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Julio Cesar Gazquez <jg...@rosario.gov.ar> on 2007/10/01 18:54:44 UTC

Admin tool and digest passwords

I just configured Tomcat 5.5 using digest passwords, using SHA algorithm and
setting the password hashes at tomcat-users.xml by hand.

However I'd need to use the Tomcat Admin Tool to manage passwords, yet it
seems to be unable to deal with hashed passwords, so if I change a password
using Admin I got the cleartext password in tomcat-users.xml.

Is it my fault and I'm missing something, or Admin just can't be used with
digest passwords?

--
Saludos
Julio.

Re: Admin tool and digest passwords

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Julio Cesar Gazquez wrote:
> I just configured Tomcat 5.5 using digest passwords, using SHA algorithm and
> setting the password hashes at tomcat-users.xml by hand.
>
> However I'd need to use the Tomcat Admin Tool to manage passwords, yet it
> seems to be unable to deal with hashed passwords, so if I change a password
> using Admin I got the cleartext password in tomcat-users.xml.
>
> Is it my fault and I'm missing something, or Admin just can't be used with
> digest passwords?

It can, you just have to enter the passwords in digest form in the
same way you do when you manually enter them in tomcat-users.xml

Mark