Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Jared Cronin <go...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/10 23:39:18 UTC

(GHOP) Issue 51 Wicket: Create download button for 1.3 final release

Here are the three proposals.

--
Trying to help the world by giving it all the ideas I have.

Re: (GHOP) Issue 51 Wicket: Create download button for 1.3 final release

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
its a bit too big to be a download button :)

-igor

Posted by Ryan Gravener <ry...@gmail.com>.
I like 233 also.

On Dec 12, 2007 3:47 PM, Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 233 is pretty nice
>
> On 12/11/07, Jared_Cronin <go...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Here are the .png versions.
> > http://www.nabble.com/file/p14264121/downloadlogo%25231.png
> > downloadlogo%231.png
> > http://www.nabble.com/file/p14264121/downloadlogo%25233.png
> > downloadlogo%233.png
> > http://www.nabble.com/file/p14264121/downloadlogo%25234.png
> > downloadlogo%234.png
> >

> > Jared_Cronin wrote:
> > >
> > > Here are the three proposals.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Trying to help the world by giving it all the ideas I have.
> > >

> > --

Ryan Gravener
http://ryangravener.com

Re: (GHOP) Issue 51 Wicket: Create download button for 1.3 final release

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
233 is pretty nice

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.
thanks all for giving feedback.
can we come to a final decision?
or do we want all .svg files, so we can decide later?

gerolf

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 13/12/2007, Jared Cronin <go...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not quit sure what you are saying.
> -Jared

one of the badges you created (233) has a jagged edge, ie:
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\  (but in a circle)

so I was thinking you could use the wicket logo to draw the edge of the
circle, for example:

   |\    /| |\    /| |\    /| |\    /| |\    /|
  _| \/\/ |_| \/\/ |_| \/\/ |_| \/\/ |_| \/\/ |_

or perhaps:

   /\    /\    /\    /\    /\    /\
  /  \/\/  \/\/  \/\/  \/\/  \/\/  \

ie. repeat the W logo to get the jagged circle edge - anyway, was just a
random thought...

On Dec 12, 2007 9:38 PM, Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>

Posted by Jared Cronin <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.

Posted by Jared Cronin <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
"this one" is 231edit

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 12, 2007 11:57 PM, Jared Cronin <go...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Igor Vaynberg, what is this one? And I can make it smaller I just made it
> big so that you could easily see it and I did not know what size you
> wanted.

hence the vector format. let's us decide what size we want when we actually
need it.
hopefully still this year ;)

  Gerolf

Posted by Jared Cronin <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
i like this one

Posted by Jared_Cronin <go...@gmail.com>.
Guys, just to let you know there is three files, I'm not sure if I made that
visible when I uploaded the .png files if you realize that, great.
-Jared

Posted by Jared_Cronin <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
I don't give much for my own sense of good design, but I agree with igor.
And perhaps the "version 1.3" a little bigger?

Frank

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.
can some of the devs comment please?

we somehow decided to be part of ghop, so we should at least respond to
what students contribute.
i know that we all are busy and if there is no interest, we can always
delete open tasks and forget about the whole thing.
but we should at least show some reaction to actual contributions (no matter
if they are good or bad).

so, wdyt?

  Gerolf

Posted by Jared_Cronin <go...@gmail.com>.