Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Dannemann <je...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/07 03:16:13 UTC

Can't debug. Plug-ins do nothing.

I cannot debug after installing the debuggers (version 31).

I looks like firefox has disabled npapi and edge has it sandboxed.. I saw a
topic in microsoft where the support says it is impossible to debug in it
right now.. same thing in chrome.. I am using windows 10 and the most
updated browsers

I get the message "To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version
31.0.0 or greater is installed. "

thank you in advance

--
Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Can't debug. Plug-ins do nothing.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
I just checked today.  For me, on Mac, the debugger plugin works fine on Safari 12.  On Windows, I use an older Firefox (47) for compatibility with the version of Selenium we currently use in Royale.  That is before the NPAPI deprecation.  And the debugger plugin works fine in that older Firefox.

This article says there is an ESR version of Firefox that might work.  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1176670

HTH,
-Alex

On 12/6/18, 11:29 PM, "Piotr Zarzycki" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi Greg,

    Good to know about Opera!

    Thanks for that!
    Piotr

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dannemann,

Posted by Dannemann <je...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the tips guys.

I was able to do it by:

1) Uninstalling Firefox Flash player
(https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html).

2) Install NPAPI debugger.

3) On Firefox, go to "Open menu -> Add-ons -> Shockwave Flash (click
'Options' or 'More')" and then *uncheck* "Block dangerous and intrusive
Flash content".

--
Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/