Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Andrew Hulbert <ah...@ccri.com> on 2016/12/02 15:27:54 UTC

VFS version in 1.6.6 binary release

Hi all,

It appears that the commons-vfs2 jar that ships with the 1.6.6 binary
tar.gz is still version 2.0 according the the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF and
other maven artifacts in the META-INF instead of 2.1 which is what I
thought it should be according to the release notes.

Wondering if this is something that can be fixed in the distro or would
it require a new 1.6.7 release?

Andrew

Re: VFS version in 1.6.6 binary release

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
The backport may only be necessary if you are building Accumulo from
source. You may be able to drop in 2.1 as a replacement for 2.0 in the
classpath on the pre-built binaries, without a problem.

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.
Andrew,

Posted by Andrew Hulbert <ah...@ccri.com>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
For what it's worth, the Accumulo RPMs in the Fedora 25 repositories do
have the VFS 2.1 patch backported (
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/accumulo.git/tree/ACCUMULO-3470.patch?h=f25
)

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.