Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> on 2008/12/16 08:31:10 UTC

Re: [VOTE] accept the Configurable Feature Extractor (CFE) into the sandbox

Sorry I'm late... thanks for the reminder.

Here is a +0 from my side.

Let me explain why I'm not so convinced about this submission into the Sandbox.
If I follow the discussion threads it seems to me very similar to the ConceptMapper submission we
had in June 2008. There we added the coded after some discussions to the Sandbox and now it is there
and nothing (if I check the SVN history) happened after the initial import. That is from my side a
little bit disappointing. E.g. adding documentation to show the benefit, merging code with
DictionaryAnnotator concepts, adding some tests to see if all works fine...

I don't want to block the submission of CFE into the Sandbox, I just want to share my thoughts.
Maybe it works better this time.

-- Michael

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
+0 because I doubt that there are many users who need a tool like
this, but there is no reason to block it.

Jörn

Re: ConceptMapper update

Posted by Michael Tanenblatt <sl...@park-slope.net>.
No problem, I didn't realize that, but it makes sense.

Let me know what I can do to help get this thing finally released.
I'll be able to put a little time in here and there at this point, so
I will be more helpful and responsive, I hope.

Re: ConceptMapper update

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Re: ConceptMapper update

Posted by Michael Tanenblatt <sl...@park-slope.net>.