Posted to user@avro.apache.org by KV 59 <kv...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/07 18:20:45 UTC

Schema Evolution which one to use (SchemaValidator or SchemaCompatibility)

Hi,

There are two implementations to czech schema evolution,

1. org.apache.avro.SchemaValidator (and it's implementations)
2. org.apache.avro.SchemaCompatibility

The SchemaCompatibility provides more information about incompatibilities.
While the SchemaValidator just says compatible or not.

My question is functionally are they the same and can I replace the
SchemaValidator with SchemaCompatibility to have more user friendly
information.

Thanks
Kishore