Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Patrick Toolis <pt...@stanfordalumni.org> on 2012/05/18 12:39:31 UTC

org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmissionFiles changes for Windows

In order for the staging directory setup code to run on Windows, I made the
following changes to the JobSubmissionFiles class:
  // job submission directory is visible to group.
  final public static FsPermission JOB_DIR_PERMISSION =
    FsPermission.createImmutable((short) 0774); // rwxrwxr--
  //job files are world-wide readable and writable by user,owner
  final public static FsPermission JOB_FILE_PERMISSION =
    FsPermission.createImmutable((short) 0764); // rwxrw-r--

If these changes are not incompatible with the Linux buil (i.e. if it is
acceptable to grant permissions to the group), then I will check them in to
SVN.

regards,

Patrick Toolis

Re: org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmissionFiles changes for Windows

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to make a change!

Can you please also open a JIRA at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE describing what issue
you are facing and looking to fix and how this change fixes it, also
and attach a patch of your changes to it?

There is ongoing work for supporting Windows platform in general at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8079 that may interest
you.

--
Harsh J