Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Slawomir Jaranowski <s....@gmail.com> on 2022/05/30 16:21:42 UTC

Releasing a Parent POM procedure - improvement

Hi,

On page Releasing A Parent POM [1] we have Call the vote template with info:

"In the vote, instead of providing links to JIRA, the parent POMs should
include a link to the Git changes since the last release:"

It can be understood by someone that we don't need to create release notes
in jira for parent poms.
For historical releases we did release notes in jira, we also sent release
notes in announcements about poms release.

So to be consistent we can:

1. Change template with information that  links to the Git changes is
additional to the jira link.
or
2. Put clear confirm that we don't need jira release notes and don't track
issues in jira for parents poms ...

Please vote for 1 or 2 ... or provide another idea :-)

[1]
https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/parent-pom-release.html#call-the-vote

--
Sławomir Jaranowski

Re: Releasing a Parent POM procedure - improvement

Posted by Slawomir Jaranowski <s....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Automatically building release notes is very encouraging ... but we need
some place to collect other issues than dependency updates.

So when we also have issues in jira, we need a label for versions in jira
to mark releases which contain resolved issues.

I have not a good and easy idea how to work with it ...how to make both
release notes to be completed
any other ideas, opinions ...

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Slawomir Jaranowski <s....@gmail.com>.