Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Scott White <sc...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/13 18:23:39 UTC

Internal error

We started seeing for the first time errors that look like this last night
after things were running smoothly for a couple days after switching to
0.6-rc1:

ERROR [pool-1-thread-60] 2010-04-13 04:58:11,806 Cassandra.java (line 1492)
Internal error processing insert

We had not made any other changes to cassandra server or client config in
days. Operationally we did try to bootstrap two new nodes, one of which
failed after timing out. The other thing we did was a cleanup operation.

Is it possible somehow any of those operations/events would somehow get
things into a bad state? If not, any other ideas of what to look for as the
root cause?

Overall, the cluster seemed relatively healthy with the exception that one
of our nodes which happens to be the seed node has been having excessively
high network delays, hovering around 30-40 ms although it's been in that
state for more than a week.

Also a side question I was curious about, is the state of a boostrap or
cleanup operation maintained after restart?

thanks,
Scott

Re: Internal error

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Scott White <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ERROR [pool-1-thread-60] 2010-04-13 04:58:11,806 Cassandra.java (line 1492)
> Internal error processing insert

internal error means "check the server log for the stacktrace"

> Also a side question I was curious about, is the state of a boostrap or
> cleanup operation maintained after restart?

No.