Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/01 00:54:07 UTC

Re: geronimo.genesis

On Jan 31, 2013, at 7:57 AM, Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> I'm currently trying to fix a xbean compilation error on java7 platforms.
>
> Thus I stumbled over a very deep <parent> chain in our poms. There are 4 layers of geronimo.genesis.... parent poms. And the top of them still point to an apache-parent in the ancient version 6...
>
> Is this something to clean up?
> And if so: who is cleaning this up? :)

If you're looking for volunteers I suspect you won't find any :)  If you are the volunteer, than I say go for it!

Certainly for something as tiny as xbean we don't need the complicated and outdated parent poms.

-David

Re: geronimo.genesis

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Txs David!

I've now just updated all the poms stuff in genesis to latest versions.

Which also means that min mvn-3.x and java5 is required. But of course, target could still be java4. But who is using this anyway?

LieGrue,
strub