Posted to user@hive.apache.org by mahender bigdata <Ma...@outlook.com> on 2016/05/10 22:54:56 UTC

Any difference between LOWER and LCASE

Hi Team,

Is there any difference between LOWER and LCASE functions in Hive. For
one of the query, when we are using LOWER in where condition, it is
failing to match record. When we changed to LCASE, it started matching.
I surprised to see differences in LOWER and LCASE. Can any one know why
there 2 function for same functionality. Is there any thing to do with
any special or Unicode characters where Lower and LCASE differs in
functionality

/MS

Re: Any difference between LOWER and LCASE

Posted by mahender bigdata <Ma...@outlook.com>.
Thanks Dudu, looks like both of them pointing to same class. Let me
check if there is any problem with data which is not visible and
surprising LCASE is resolving issue but not lower.